Formed in 2009, Tuesdays with Transitioners is a support group for those who have been laid off, downsized, or are looking to make a career transition. The group meets twice a month for lunch, and offers guest speakers and technology tools that equip the 20th century worker for the 21st century workforce—whether that be nine-to-five, independent contractor, or entrepreneur.
The group maintains an active presence on the World Wide Web via the Tuesdays with Transitioners website, Facebook (Tuesdays with Transitioners on Facebook) and Meetup.com (Tuesdays with Transitioners on Meetup).
Jennifer Oliver O’Connell is the founder and facilitator of the group, as well as co-chair and organizer for CareerCamp events in Southern California. Jennifer writes at As The Girl Turns, and is the Los Angeles Faith & Community Examiner for Examiner.com. Jennifer is also a Yoga instructor and coaches others in career and life Reinvention.
Career Opportunities, written and produced by Douglas E. Welch, is now in its 13 year of publication and 8th year as an audio podcast. Career Opportunities is focused on “Helping to Build the Career You Deserve!, just like CareerCamp itself. Each week the column and podcast covers a particular aspect of career development, always focused on what your career means to you and what it needs to thrive.
Douglas E. Welch is also the founder of Career Camp International and CareerCampLA, as well as an organizer and co-chair of Southern California CareerCamp events.
Books by Douglas E. Welch
Sprouts Farmers Market is an Arizona based company specializing in farm fresh produce.
Their CORE values are:
- Value to the customer: the bottom line for all decisions
- Uniqueness: foster creativity and innovation by getting input from all levels of the company
- Integrity: fair and ethical treatment of others
- Loyalty: to family, friends, co-workers, and customers
- Fun: where work and fun come together
The California Career Development Association is dedicated to the advancement and professional development of career development specialists within the State of California. CCDA is concerned that all individuals be guided to the fullest use of their knowledge, abilities and skills in a career.
Members are professionals who are interested in advancing career development. The membership includes counselors, educators, technicians, paraprofessionals, and business personnel representing education, business, public agencies and private institutions.
CCDA encourages all professionals in any sector of the community who are interested in enhancing the careers of others to become a member of this growing and dedicated Association. CCDA is committed to promoting the quality of career development for all ages.
CCDA is a division of the California Counseling Association and is chartered by the National Career Development Association.
Family owned and operated since 1947
Western Bagel® started with a simple dream….a dream to provide good bagels to a bagel-barren West Coast. Sixty years later, with eleven retail locations, as well as national and international distribution, Western Bagel® is stronger than ever. Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us over the years, and helped us to become “The Bagel That Won The West®”.
Jennifer Oliver O’Connell presents “Building an enduring career reputation” at CareerCampLA-2.
- LA County Arts Commission Internship Program
- Career Research with Stevie Puckett
- Social Media and Your Career: A Discussion with Douglas E. Welch
- The Keys to Financial Success Today with Annette McCullough
- The Power of CCV: Competence, Confidence and Value with Mitch Krayton
- How to use LinkedIn to find work and network
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Interviewing
- Building an enduring Career Reputation with Jennifer Oliver O’Connell
- Maintaining Your Balance with Catherine DeMonte, LMFT
- Business Etiquette with Grace Lee
- Build LACCD Interns Program with Mary Taylor
- What is a resume for?
- Staring down a squirrel: How to manage stress? with Kim Mitchell
- Real Estate Success Today
- Your Life After College with Johnel “Mr. B” Barron
- What is the information interview good for?
- Redefining success with You in mind with Bryn Drescher
- Dress the character you want to be with Karen Hudson
- E-Portfolios with Stevie Puckett
Kim Mitchell of Kimestry with be presenting a CareerCampLA-2 session entitled “Staring Down a Squirrel”.
Kim Mitchell is a proud Los Angeles native and a graduate of Stanford University with a bachelor’s degree in English. She earned a Master of Fine Arts in Film Directing and a Master of Education from UCLA. Kim’s film projects garnered awards including a Motion Picture Association of America Award and the Lynn Weston Fellowship in Film.